1. Get out of credit card debt.
We are still doing this. I would say we are hard core debt slayers.
2. Track coupon savings.
My yearly total is $214.85, I only added about $15 this month. I really didn't buy too many personal products and that is the bulk of our coupons are used for. We did get some good savings from Lowe's 10% military discount.
3. Save $1200 for Christmas.
$450 and change saved
4. Save $600 for 30,000 mile maintenance.
$150 and change saved, didn't add any extra this month. Starting up again in June.
5. Save for a new washer and dryer.
$65.86, I didn't add any new monies this month. We usually add to this if we have left overs in our house/home category, but we have been trying to fix a few things around the house. Once the debt is paid off, this will ad up quickly.
6. Make some extra cash.
Year to date $776.56, added an extra $216.32, thanks to some more Etsy sales.
1. Read at least 20 books.I read two books again this month, which I am kind of impressed with given my eye and allergy situation. My first book took me forever to read, it wasn't a bad book, I just wasn't feeling well. It was John Fowles' The French Lieutenant's Woman. The second book was The Compassionate Carnivore by Catherine Friend. I wish we lived on a farm and raised our own animals. So far this year I have read thirteen books and I'm thinking of using one of these Barnes and Noble coupons on one or more of the seven books I have left to meet my goal.
2. Complete 4 home improvement projects.
We are still doing improvements/repairs to the exterior of our home. We are planning on staining and sealing our patio. When I say "we", I mean "him", the outdoors will not have me yet. I'll have pictures soon. *fingers crossed*
3. Grow an herb garden.
Veggie and herb seeds are growing everything is planted in the garden. Stupid rabbits ate my sage plant. Looking up natural rabbit repellents. Cayenne pepper, garlic and Tabasco sauce, sounds tasty.
4. Be nice to the sailor.
I don't think I was very nice to anyone this month. Sorry sailor, I was pretty miserable, but I will make it up to you next month.
5. Blog at least 15 posts a month.
The Walking Resolution
Considering I spent the bulk of my time hiding from the great outdoors, walking did not go so well. June will be my month. ..pssst.. I said that about May too, but this time I mean it.
My mini monthly goals have been major fails for three months in a row. March I failed to walk 20 miles. In April I did not reduce our food budget by 15% and in May I did not even remember to not eat out. So June will be do-over month in all three categories. I will walk twenty miles, decrease our food budget so that we only spend $600 and we will try very hard not to go out to eat. In your face, past three months you will not taunt me any more.